Saturday, February 12, 2011

January Favourites

Ho hum.. It's been such a long time since I last wrote in here. I've been so busy lately that I don't even have the time to write into any of my blogs. But here I am! Lol!

I'm going to start my monthly favourites this year. New year, new start. So glad I started this blog last year.. Let's get into it for my January favourites!

There are only a few items I'm going to mention here which bascially are my go to products for when I'm in a rush, especially on weekday mornings when I try to sneak in another 5 minutes of sleep. They basically are also the stuff I use for my everyday look. They are in no particular order of preference.

First is my Skin 79 Triple Function Hot Pink BB Cream.


I love this BB cream, and it's the only one I have at this moment, and I think I'm only halfway through it. It helps to even out my skin tone and it also has SPF 25 PA+++. I use this as a base and it covers any redness on my skin. And it stays on throughout the day. After a full 8-9 hours of work, I don't feel like it has melted away. And when I remove my makeup at night, it's still there. So yes, this is my favourite foundation cum sunscreen cum makeup base!

Next is my Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natrual. I am in Medium Plus. 


I love the coverage from this product, yet at the same time, it feels light on the skin. I would normally use it on top of my Skin 79 BB cream to help set it, but sometimes when I just need a little makeup, I will use is on it's own. Love the texture of the powder. I personally feel that it is pretty finely milled and it feels soft to the touch. This is one compact powder that I would buy again when I'm finished with my current one.

Next item is a lipstick. I'm actually not much of a lipstick or lipgloss kind of girl, but sometimes you do want some colour on your lips so as to not look so washed out after the rest of your face it madeup. My current favourite is Mabelline's Watershine Pure lipstick in B24. There are no names to the lipsticks in this range. It's a nude pink lipstick, and it's somewhat sheer. I like that the colour is really natural, and it matches almost any eyeshadow and blush that I put on. As the name goes, it's got a glossy finish, so I don't need to use a lipgloss over it to give it any shine. It's one of those lipsticks that I would repurchase because of the colour. I might go back and have a look at the other nude colours in this line.



Let's see... What else...

Ah yes!!! My MAC PaintPot in Bare Study. I'm not sure whether it is a cream eyeshadow or a an eyeshadow base but it's working for me as both. I found out that it does not crease on me by chance when I was in a rush one morning and just applied this without my Urban Decay Primer Potion. I was thinking that since it's like a cream eyeshadow, it's definately going to crease real bad by the end of the day. During lunch, I checked on it, and it had not creased at all. When I got home, it had creased a tiny bit, just in the inner corners of my lids as my lids are most hooded in that area, otherwise it stayed put. And that was after 8-9 hours at work. But to help it stay on for longer, I would have have to dust on some eyeshadow, but I only do when I know that I would be going out after work.

Also, it's a great neutral colour with shimmer which helps brighten my eyelids up. Like a pinkish beige colour. It looks more pink in the photo, but it's like a champange beige colour. I like using it as a base as well, especially when I use shimmer eyeshadow. It enhances the shimmery-ness of the eyeshadow. But most times, I use it on its own. (Read: I'm lazy!) I've gotten this in one of the Tartan Tale's set, but have only recently used it in the last month of so.



So yeah! That's it for my January favourites. I know that these are pretty common items and most people would have already done a reveiw on them or stated them as their favourites one time or another. But these are the stuff that I would reach for when I'm in a crunch. Which pretty much are the items I use for my everyday routine. These are my staples for my everyday look, I only play around with the eyeliner and the blushes. =D

What are your favourite items and why? I would love to know. = )

Lots of love,
Reis xx

No comments:

Post a Comment